For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The HOLIDAYS have moved in with all their baggage like unexpected house guests who plan to stay a while. With cluttered days and endless commitments, I barely noticed until they jumped off the calendar and splashed into my coffee. Where did this year go??
Tomorrow I fly to Chicago to spend Thanksgiving with my sons and their families. I DREAD flying in the WINTER and I HATE being COLD, but this will be the FIRST time we've been together for Thanksgiving since they were little. One of the hardships of modern-day living in different states and countries. My daughter will be missing, but Australia is too far. She'll be in our hearts and thoughts.
My cup over-flows with BLESSINGS. I have so much to be thankful for. As a writer, I hope to capture each moment to save for a rainy day when I can pull them up at random and savor every smile and the laughter once again.
Please remember to GIVE THANKS for our brave WARRIORS who will not be spending Thanksgiving with their families and loved ones. Their absence is painful but their dedication and SELFLESSNESS is what makes our country strong. Pray for their safety this holiday and that one day soon these wars will end so they can return home to the loving arms waiting for them.
With time running short, I wanted to post a BLOG before my flight. I decided to update my CHEAT SHEET. It's been two years since my last revision. I know I have many new readers who might be looking for a specific topic. This BLOG concentrates on my exposure to PTSD through my husbands journey, what happened and what I learned. It also shows how I came to write this book and each step into publishing ... DETAILED.
The list may seem daunting but the descriptions are brief. The dates coincide with those on the right side of the blog.
HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING AND RELISH EVERY MORSEL ...
MY UNCHARTED JOURNEY INTO PUBLISHING . . . UPDATED CHEAT SHEET!
Below is a list of my blogs for those who might be looking for a specific topic:
1. In The Beginning April 13, 2011
How my book came to be . . .
2. This Closet Writer . . . Goes Public April 16
My first writing class - posting my blog
3. I Never Planned to be a Writer! April 23
Blogging - my writing class - my free-lance editor
4. Publicize Your Book . . . May 1
Publicizing - blogging - writing class - book query
5. Write Your Heart Out . . . May 7
Blogging - why I wrote my book - book proposal excerpt
6. Q is for Query Letter . . . May 15
Posted my original query letter
7. B is for Book Proposal . . . Part One May 21
Elements of a book proposal - my proposal table of contents
8. B is for Book Proposal . . . Part Two June 12
More elements of a book proposal
9. What Next? . . . Time for an Agent June 19
Some basic agent information
10. Marketing in an Electronic World . . . June 26
First steps to marketing my book
11. Will Self-Publishing be My Only Option? July 3
Posted excerpt from Chapter One of my book
12. A Platform . . . Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone July 11
Start to develop a platform for my book
13. The Marketing Medusa . . . July 28
JK Rowling's success - more marketing
14. 2011 Agents . . . What Do They Really Want? August 7
Identify agent's most asked for requirements
15. What is a Synopsis and Why? . . . Part One August 27
Details to begin synopsis process
16. One Writer's Journey into Publishing Cheat Sheet September 4
Lists previous blogs and subject matter
17. What is a Synopsis and Why? . . . Part Two September 11
What to include in a synopsis
18. Ebooks . . . A Contemporary "David and Goliath" September 19
Show why authors are choosing to self-publish
19. The #1 Question: Who is Your Audience? . . . plus Excerpt
Importance of locating your specific audience September 26
20. "The Moving Wall" . . . An Experience I Will Never Forget!
An emotional visit that squeezed my heart October 3
21. Traditional Publish or Self-Publish . . . My Decision plus Excerpt
What direction I chose and why October 10
22. Public Speaking 101 . . . Fight or Flight?
Terror and my first class . . . October 17
23. My First Speech . . . plus Revised Cheat Sheet into Publishing
First speech panic plus . . . October 24
24. Africa's Beauty Being Strangled / One Person Making a Difference
Unique story about Africa November 23
25. Has PTSD Touched You? / Chapter 26 Excerpt . . .
What is PTSD? December 3
26. Our Soldiers are returning / Write Your Heart Out
Warriors from Iraq and reality December 14
27. Ghost of Christmas Past / Chapter 15 Excerpt
Memories of Christmas December 24
28. The Self-Publishing Jitters of a Perfectionist
Trials of self-publishing January 7, 2012
29. Wounded Warriors Walk Among Us / Chapter 24
Reality and PTSD symptoms February 8
30. Self-Publishing Nitty-Gritty / Copyright / Excerpt
Copyrighting and song lyrics February 19
31. PTSD / Can One Woman and Her Book Make a Difference?
How my story helps our warriors with PTSD March 12
32. Self-Publishing / PTSD - A Passage of Passion
Print-on-demand - song lyric trials April 6
33. PTSD / Vet's Wife Self-Publishing / Chapter 33 Excerpt
Formatting anguish June 13
34. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife / Sneak Peek at the Cover
The dawning of my book cover July 16
35. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife / Where's the Book??
Reveal my self-publisher and perfect cover November 6
36. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife Appeared on My Doorstep!
Seeing my book for the first time December 6
37. Diary of a Vet's Wife Reveals PTSD / Marketing / Reviews
Suicide increase and my marketing plan February 18, 2013
38. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife / The Truth and Vulnerability
What you should know about PTSD April 13
39. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife and Memorial Day Memories
My first encounter with the Moving Wall May 27
40. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife goes to The White House
How my book got to the White House July 4
41. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife and Michelle Obama
A surprise from Washington October 6
42. PTSD / Diary of a Vet's Wife / Bittersweet is November
Veterans Day meaning and memories November 10