Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
It wasn't until I contacted my self-publisher to approve the galley that I learned there was still more WRITING to be done! More delay!
I was now requested to submit the Book Page Submission Form which included the following:
- Author bio. Must use third person. Limit 50 words.
- The total number of physical pages.
- Search Terms. Specific words and phrases related to the subject of my book. Limit 20 words or phrases.
- Chapters to Excerpt. They found that offering one or two chapters of the book for free to customers helped improve a books sales.
- Short Description. Would be displayed on the category page. Limit 10 words. (Ten words? They had to be kidding!)
- Long Description. It needed to be a description of what the book is about. LIMIT 500 WORDS. (This was going to take some time!)
However, I'm also in the middle of getting ready to leave for AUSTRALIA on Saturday, December 8th to spend Christmas with my daughter and her family, returning on the 27th. What a dilemma! Everyone knows I HATE to pack, which I posted last year when I went to New Zealand. I still need to find that professional packer!
Talk about PRESSURE! Not to mention Christmas cards and presents. It's a special time of year when we're should to be filled with peace and joy. Honestly, I am filled with GREAT JOY and thanksgiving, but where can I find peace with so much still to be done? Probably not until I buckle my seatbelt on Virgin Australia. :)
But there is HAPPY NEWS . . .
The writing requirements have been completed and my BOOK went up for SALE late yesterday afternoon at BookLocker, my self-publisher. The AUTHOR PAGE looks amazing! The book should appear soon on the other online sites (Amazon, B&N, Books-a-Million, etc), but I'll be out of pocket when it happens. The author photo was attached today and I leave for Australia on Saturday. Now this is what I call "CUTTING IT CLOSE!" :)
Attached is the link: http://booklocker.com/books/6576.html. The complete first chapter is available for viewing.
I apologize for writing in such haste, but I wanted to reach you before my flight takes off. I'll still be burning the midnight oil, but I'll definitely be happy to check "WRITE BLOG" off of my list. :)
I wish each of you a wonderful holiday season with friends and loved ones according to the tradition you celebrate. 2013 is but weeks away when we hail in another NEW YEAR. If I had only one wish, it would be that all wars end and that all peoples come together to live as one in peace and love . . .
"Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other." ~ C.S. Lewis